Hypnotherapy in Northern New Jersey
When performed by an experienced professional, hypnosis is a highly effective method of treating certain behavioral issues. Psycho-Educational Associates provides hypnosis to patients in Little Falls Township, Totowa, Woodland Park and the surrounding areas in New Jersey.
What is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is a type of psychotherapy that utilizes techniques designed to place someone in a trance. These techniques involve a guided relaxation that works to focus a person’s attention and concentration. When a person is in a trance, his or her focus is centered completely on one singular thought or task, to the point where everything else that is happening around that person is unknown. A trained hypnotherapist provides the patient with the means of falling into this state.
How Hypnotherapy Works
Hypnotherapy is one of the many forms of psychotherapy that is meant to provide patients with both counseling and therapy by placing them into a trance. This trance allows those undergoing the therapy to recall memories and thoughts that may have been buried away. It is even possible for a person’s perception of certain things to change while they are under hypnosis.
Hypnotherapy can be used in two ways, as suggestion therapy or for patient analysis. With suggestion therapy, the hypnotherapist will suggest certain things to the patient, typically in order to change negative behaviors such as smoking. This type of therapy can even be used to suggest a change of perception within a person. Analysis therapy is based on an analysis of the patient and produces a relaxed state to get at the root of an issue.
Primary Benefits of Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy allows a person to be much more receptive to certain suggestions and therapies that just wouldn’t be possible when not under hypnosis. As such, there are a large number of conditions that can be better treated by hypnotherapy. These include:
- Sleeping disorders
- Anxiety following a trauma
- Phobias and fears
- Control over certain pains
- Tobacco addictions
Hypnotherapy 4-Step Procedure
- The first step in a hypnotherapy procedure involves an explanation as to what your behaviors actually indicate about you. The hypnotherapist will then design a strategy based around getting you to change.
- The next step involves the hypnosis, which will make you more receptive to the strategy that has been designed for you.
- When in the trance, the hypnotherapist will provide you with suggestions that will help to remove subconscious fears about the issue you are dealing with.
- The last step is an evaluation of what happened, which may take place at a subsequent appointment.
If you’ve tried unsuccessfully to treat certain problems, hypnotherapy could be the solution you are looking for. Here at Psycho-Educational Associates, we have experienced, caring professionals standing by ready to provide you with hypnotherapy and a variety of other services. Contact us today to schedule your appointment!